Saturday, May 14, 2011

I Don't Do Hats


I'm not a hat lover. I look a total idiot in hats. But I've got to tell you this winter was so cold and so snowy that even I, an avowed anti-hat kind of girl, gave in and yanked one on.

And boy did I pick a winner. Now there are those who might (unkindly) say that I am way too old to wear a Thorpe but when you're digging your way through a few feet of snow in sub-zero wind chill, trust me when I say Thorpe is your only choice!

This is a fun knit. Easy and quick and it keeps your ears worn in a winter storm. What more can you ask for?

SPECS: One skein Noro Iro; size 9US needles

I made this one for my niece in Huntington Beach. When it comes to cold YMMV.

You can find the pattern for Thorpe right here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Home | Letter From Barbara | Sneak Peek | What's Cooking | Love Letters
Blog | Scrapbook | Free Stuff | Contest
Bio | Book List | The Secret | Just For Fun | Free Reads
Newsletter | Writers Daily Quote | He Said She Said | Sitemap
Hosted by