Sunday, August 8, 2010

Somebody Stop Me

I need an intervention. Seriously. I can't seem to stop knitting Baby Uggs.


They keep popping onto my needles when I'm not looking and a couple of hours later, there I am embroidering the white fluffy parts and wondering how I ended up with another pair of finished Uggs.

Believe me, they're cuter than the photo would lead you to believe. I should've stuffed the toes with cotton and done all the stuff a serious knitwear photographer would do but I'm a writer, Jim, not a photographer and sometimes the best I can do is point, shoot, and pray.

Speaking of socks, there's still something to be said for the thrill of knitting a very plain sock in a very fanciful yarn. That's Regia 4-fadig Square below and I can tell you it was a pure joy to knit with. Bright juicy colors, fun patterning, Regia quality. Square made plain old stockinette fun.



Did I mention my cowl obsession? It started late last year with Tudora and continues apace. That's the start of Thermis below. I'm about 80% finished now so a (bad) finished photo should be coming in the next day or two.

Don't say I didn't warn you!


GIVEAWAY WINNER: Kathy M won the evil baby yarn. (Say a prayer for her, okay?)

NEW GIVEAWAY: If you'd like to win two skeins of Regia Square in the colorway shown above, drop me a note here with Square in the subject. Winner will be announced Tuesday evening.

7 Comments:

Blogger Wall-to-wall books said...

I just found out about the 3rd book in the "Casting Spell" series and I am soooooo excited! I have been checking Amazon like every month. When I saw that there was a new book I literally screeched! I put it on pre-order. I am so hooked on those books, like none other I have ever read!

Thank you!

August 9, 2010 at 8:51 AM  
Blogger Wall-to-wall books said...

Just read the post below - And there is a #4???? Oh Yea! You just made my day - twice!

August 9, 2010 at 8:52 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

Hehehe just read the above comments, I have just found your first one. Love it and will be getting the rest. Might even start knitting, even though it would feel like I am cheating on the art quilting side of me:)

August 9, 2010 at 11:23 PM  
Blogger ann I am said...

I've knit a BUNCH of those baby uggs--they are so much fun.

September 20, 2010 at 2:41 PM  
Blogger Shell said...

I love the baby uggs. And there are more casting spell books!!!!!!!!!!! I was wondering what happened to the spinning wheels and the cats and the glorious never ending bag of roving.

September 20, 2010 at 10:37 PM  
Blogger hotcha12 said...

CONGRATS LILL! I USED TO CROCHET BUT ONLY HAVE ONE WORKING HAND NOW.

November 26, 2010 at 12:52 PM  
Blogger susied said...

Those UGGS are SO cute! And the socks - I envy anyone who can change colors while knitting. I still haven't figured it out, but my knitting leaves something to be desired anyway plus I can't hold the needles for long as my fingers start to tingle.

December 21, 2010 at 8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Home | Letter From Barbara | Sneak Peek | What's Cooking | Love Letters
Blog | Scrapbook | Free Stuff | Contest
Bio | Book List | The Secret | Just For Fun | Free Reads
Newsletter | Writers Daily Quote | He Said She Said | Sitemap
Hosted by