Monday, August 25, 2008

The Lost Weekend


I guess I don't have to tell you how I spent my weekend. I now have stacks of backup CDs and DVDs scattered all around me. I even backed up onto SD cards, a compact flash, and a thumb drive. Me, paranoid? Nah. Just absolutely certain the laptop is going to go belly-up any second.


This is exactly the way it happened last time. A few shots across my bow which I ignored and then POW! The laptop breathed its last, taking with it a good portion of unsaved book-in-progress. It wasn't fun, I can tell you that. The good thing is this laptop is still under warranty so a new hard drive should arrive tomorrow. The question, of course, is do I have the guts to make the switchover now while it's still a matter of choice or do I wait until my hand is forced. I have to admit the thought of transferring everything to a new hard drive, installing all the programs, blah blah blah, makes me want to jump out the bedroom window.

But nothing makes me want to write more than having to play computer doctor. It's an instant shot-in-the-arm to my muse. Assuming I have a muse. I think she's playing Blackjack down in Atlantic City, knocking back frozen margaritas and flirting with the Wrong Kind of Guy while I struggle with the book in progress.

Some girls have all the luck.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous CurtissAnn said...

Oh, honey, here's a cyber hug! I so understand. But you are so brave and skilled to not only install the hard drive but to transfer all the files!! I am in tremendous awe. I have never done that. To have to do it while writing a book, well, just shoot me now.

I love your bio letter on your page. Eloquent, revealing, and I kept nodding my head. I always had to play it so cool. Why in the world?

Very glad I found you. I'd lost your e-mail.
Hugs,

August 26, 2008 at 6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Home | Letter From Barbara | Sneak Peek | What's Cooking | Love Letters
Blog | Scrapbook | Free Stuff | Contest
Bio | Book List | The Secret | Just For Fun | Free Reads
Newsletter | Writers Daily Quote | He Said She Said | Sitemap
Hosted by