Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Thanks for the input! (Now I need more . . . )

Thanks, guys, for giving me your take on my Great Blog Makeover. I really appreciate the help. Here's what I've been thinking: it seems to me that websites are kind of last century these days. Everything's The Blog. We're all looking for more info faster and I'm starting to feel that a once a month newsletter on the website just isn't enough. It feels kind of static to me. Maybe too formal.

I could keep the monthly newsletter and still put the blog on the front page of the website if you think that's the way to go. Let me know your thoughts either in Comments or at my Gmail address. (Don't ask about the troubles I'm having with Earthlink. It used to be I didn't get my mail. Now I can't seem to send it.)

We had a fabulous day today down the Shore. Sunny, not too hot, deep blue skies and the Atlantic City Air Show right there on the beach. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH! It was probably the most exciting thing I've ever seen. I've seen the Thunderbirds on television but it's nothing, absolutely nothing, compared to watching them in person. I was the one who didn't want to go. Who cares about some stupid Air Show anyway? I'd rather drive on down to Cape May and stroll around in search of yarn shops and saltwater taffy.

Boy, was I wrong! If you have the chance to see the Thunderbirds or the Blue Angels or anything similar, jump at it! It's one of those life experiences you'll never forget.

I brought my camera and planned to take some photos but once the show started, my brain shut down! Thank God for YouTube.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you went to the show. They come to Jax Bch and fly over the ocean. when we lived at the beach our house was in the flight path and it sounded like they were landing on the roof. I loved watching them practice as much as the real show from the front yard.

Maybe you could just send out a newsletter to your readers?? What ever makes it easier for you. Yes, I think Blog as the main page would draw more people??

Ellen

August 21, 2008 at 5:29 AM  
Anonymous Brandy said...

I'm with sending whoever signs up for one a newsletter. It doesn't have to be monthly, just whenever you have a release. Blogs do tend to draw more people because with them they feel connected to the author more. (Did that make sense?) I know I've discovered authors blogs, and then bought the authors books because I liked the writing style of the blog, or the books mentioned IN a blog. *G*

August 21, 2008 at 4:48 PM  
Anonymous BeadKnitter said...

Thanks, guys, for giving me your take on my Great Blog Makeover. I really appreciate the help. Here's what I've been thinking: it seems to me that websites are kind of last century these days. Everything's The Blog. We're all looking for more info faster and I'm starting to feel that a once a month newsletter on the website just isn't enough. It feels kind of static to me. Maybe too formal.

I could keep the monthly newsletter and still put the blog on the front page of the website if you think that's the way to go. Let me know your thoughts either in Comments or at my Gmail address. (Don't ask about the troubles I'm having with Earthlink. It used to be I didn't get my mail. Now I can't seem to send it.)

Blog on the website sounds good to me. Once a month newsletter is okay too. But once a month blogpost? I'd rather see more posts than that. I wanna know what you're knitting and whatnot. I enjoy that part of your blog. Just my opinion.

What I really want you to do, though, despite how I feel, is what makes YOU happiest.

August 21, 2008 at 9:46 PM  
Anonymous BeadKnitter said...

Oh great, the quote marks didn't make it in. I'm so sorry about that. (It's been a loooooooong day. sigh....)

August 21, 2008 at 9:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The input values are actually listed in the column for each function. The input values are the same for both function. https://dayfinders.com/pakistan-independence-day/

March 25, 2019 at 12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Home | Letter From Barbara | Sneak Peek | What's Cooking | Love Letters
Blog | Scrapbook | Free Stuff | Contest
Bio | Book List | The Secret | Just For Fun | Free Reads
Newsletter | Writers Daily Quote | He Said She Said | Sitemap
Hosted by