Sunday, June 23, 2002

Sometimes the only thing you can do is laugh.



The stove died yesterday, right in the middle of baking a gigantic pan of spanakopita. It puffed, it popped, it went KA-BOOM! We ran around the house like lunatics, flinging open doors and windows, adjusting fans, ripping the plug out of the socket and praying the gas would stay exactly where it was. God only knows what the problem was but there's no doubt about the diagnosis: dead dead dead. R went out to price new ones today with my blessing. I, virtuous writer that I am, stayed home and wrote.



I'm not sure whether it was laziness on my part or dedication to duty but whichever, I actually racked up some pages.



We are still, however. stoveless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Home | Letter From Barbara | Sneak Peek | What's Cooking | Love Letters
Blog | Scrapbook | Free Stuff | Contest
Bio | Book List | The Secret | Just For Fun | Free Reads
Newsletter | Writers Daily Quote | He Said She Said | Sitemap
Hosted by