Saturday, June 22, 2002

There's something to be said for just doing it. Action breeds action. I finally posted a new quote to Writers Daily Quotes and it felt like coming home. Funny how the thing you most need is that which you fight the hardest. I need those quotes from other writers. I need to feed on their wisdom and experience. So tell me why I stayed away from that pleasure/necessity for so long? I suspect a touch of the hair shirt, but I may be wrong.



Today's quote was:



The awful thing about the first sentence of any book is that as soon as you've written it you realize this piece of work is not going to be the great thing that you envision.

--Tom Wolfe




A few months ago I would have sold my soul for a first sentence.



Progress. Progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Home | Letter From Barbara | Sneak Peek | What's Cooking | Love Letters
Blog | Scrapbook | Free Stuff | Contest
Bio | Book List | The Secret | Just For Fun | Free Reads
Newsletter | Writers Daily Quote | He Said She Said | Sitemap
Hosted by