Monday, November 10, 2008

TALK OF THE TOWN by Sherrill Bodine


Sherrill Bodine's latest novel, TALK OF THE TOWN, will be hitting the bookstores soon and I wanted to give you a heads-up. I had the pleasure of reading TALK OF THE TOWN quite a few months ago when I was lucky enough to receive an advanced review copy. It came at a time when life was difficult and filled with sadness and I was worried that I wouldn't be able to let go of the real world and sink into Sherrill's fictional world the way I wanted to.

Well, I shouldn't have worried at all. Sherrill does a smashingly terrific job with TALK OF THE TOWN. I fell in love with her lead character, Rebecca, and happily followed where she led straight through to the very last page.

And there are fabulous recipes scattered throughout. I mean, what more can a reader ask?

This book is pure delight. If I were you I'd make sure I had a copy tucked away for the long Thanksgiving weekend. I can't imagine anything better. You'll love it!

From the back cover:

GOSSIP QUEEN DETHRONED!

Darlings, what a to-do at the Daily Mail today! After fifteen years as Chicago's gossip guru, Rebecca Covington has been demoted from divulger of secrets for the city's elite to headlining recipes in the Home and Food section. Apparently, a touchy senator is threatening legal action for Rebecca's latest extramarital scoop. But Windy City rumor has it that new CEO and dreamy Pierce Brosnan look-alike David Sumner downgraded Rebecca in favor of fresher, younger blood on the social beat.

Industry insiders expect Rebecca to fight her denouement, and inquiring minds have already seen the feisty maven trading quips and searing glances wtih her arresting new boss. Rebecca swears she'll reclaim her shining star status, but can the dishy diva even cook? And how can she ignore David's arousing effect on her sensibilities?

Don't miss a trick, darlings. Sparks are going to fly.

3 Comments:

Anonymous SnjDebdeb said...

Very cool review/reccomendation of Talk of the Town! I will have to look for it!
I also look forward to reading your Casting SPells- you had me at the yarn on the cover!
I crochet and recently learned to knit - I also went to Stiches East in Baltimore and had a blast! Truly a yarn lovers dream!
Be well and I look forward to reading more of your posts!
Debi in South Joisey

November 11, 2008 at 7:54 AM  
Anonymous Brandy said...

I've been wondering about this book. If it has a recommendation from you, I'll be sure to check it out!

Hope you're feeling better today!

November 11, 2008 at 1:38 PM  
Anonymous Sherrill Bodine said...

Dear Barbara, First the wonderful quote for the book and now this truly outstanding review! Thank you for supporting my first book as "Me" -- it means so much to me. Remember, it's you, me, chocolate and champagne at the next conference! xo Sherrill

November 11, 2008 at 2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Home | Letter From Barbara | Sneak Peek | What's Cooking | Love Letters
Blog | Scrapbook | Free Stuff | Contest
Bio | Book List | The Secret | Just For Fun | Free Reads
Newsletter | Writers Daily Quote | He Said She Said | Sitemap
Hosted by