Wednesday, August 1, 2007

I blinked and the day was gone


We would often be sorry if our wishes were gratified.
--Aesop


This was another one of those blink-and-the-day-is-gone days. I feel like I've been up since dawn and for the life of me I can't tell you what I've accomplished. I worked on the book in progress. I made spanakopita for dinner. I devoured some knitting magazines. We watched the news coverage of the horrendous bridge collapse in Minneapolis and wished there was something we could do besides sit here wishing there was something we could do to help.


Days like this can unsettle me. When you're basically very happy with your life, where you're living it, the person and pets who share it with you, it's easy to settle back in your cocoon and let the hours and days slip through your fingers. Reading, napping, cooking, knitting, watching DVDs on the sofa with the man you love, writing a book that excites you--not a bad way to spend your time even if at the end of the day it's hard to point to any major accomplishment. More pages written. More pages read. A good meal. Good company. Nothing wrong with any of it, is there?


I have to remind myself sometimes that life doesn't have to be filled with tension and stress to be real. It's summertime and for once the living really is easy. Enjoy it while you can, Bretton, because another deadline is right around the corner!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Home | Letter From Barbara | Sneak Peek | What's Cooking | Love Letters
Blog | Scrapbook | Free Stuff | Contest
Bio | Book List | The Secret | Just For Fun | Free Reads
Newsletter | Writers Daily Quote | He Said She Said | Sitemap
Hosted by