Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Natural Look?

I really wish I hadn't seen Kirk Douglas on Regis & Kelly this morning.

The man is a wonderful actor. He was an extraordinary-looking man in his prime and well into old age. He would probably still be an extraordinary-looking man at 90 (his current age) if he hadn't gone the Bride of Wildenstein route and mugged a plastic surgeon.

Why? Why? Why? Oh, I know all about the fear of aging, the fear of being pushed out of the arena because you have a few extra rings around your trunk, but what in the name of all that's holy is wrong with going out with the face you came in with? I'm as vain as the next person but I can't imagine letting someone with a scalpel carve up my 56 year old face and turn it into a 56 year old face that's trying to look 45.

Is there anyone else out there who intends to keep their old face until the bitter end or am I the only one? I try to imagine what it must feel like to look into the mirror and not recognize the woman staring back at you but I come up short every time. For me, that's too scary a concept to linger on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Home | Letter From Barbara | Sneak Peek | What's Cooking | Love Letters
Blog | Scrapbook | Free Stuff | Contest
Bio | Book List | The Secret | Just For Fun | Free Reads
Newsletter | Writers Daily Quote | He Said She Said | Sitemap
Hosted by