Wednesday, August 9, 2006

Layers upon Layers


See that lamp? That rests on the bookcase which sits at a right angle to my desk. I paid $1 for it at a yard sale in North Babylon, Long Island during the summer of 1979 and it remains my all time favorite lamp. The base is cheap plastic. The shade is cardboard. But I love it.

If you're anything like I am, you're trying to figure out what else is in the picture. Well, the framed items on the wall are book covers. Mostly my old Harlequin Americans. I kind of stopped framing covers around book 25 or so. I'm not sure why. Maybe I was running out of wall space? I really should gather up a bunch and play catch up.

Yes, that's a stuffed unicorn on top of the lamp. Yes, I'm a grown woman.

Look to the right of the lamp and you'll see a stuffed parrot lying on his back on my keyboard. There's a book about Princess Diana under the lamp. My bulletin board is faintly visible. One day I'll take a photo of that--it's like an archaeological dig back to the late 1970s/early 1980s. Would you believe I actually have a Jordache Jeans ad pinned up there??

I've often wondered why the things that cost the least end up meaning the most in life. Definitely a lesson to be learned there.

Barbara

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Home | Letter From Barbara | Sneak Peek | What's Cooking | Love Letters
Blog | Scrapbook | Free Stuff | Contest
Bio | Book List | The Secret | Just For Fun | Free Reads
Newsletter | Writers Daily Quote | He Said She Said | Sitemap
Hosted by