Sunday, August 27, 2006

At the Finish Line



I'm not sure if that will be the final cover but so far that's the way my March 2007 book will look. (And yes, this one is 100% romance and told only from his and her points of view. I didn't plan it that way. I didn't even know that's how it would turn out until I started writing when Kate and Mark took over and all I had to do was pay attention and type fast.)

But this post isn't about Just Like Heaven. I'm about an hour away from typing The End to We'll Always Have Paris, my contribution to the "wedding in Paris" anthology Harlequin will be publishing early next year and I can't wait to capture the last scene.

Unfortunately that last scene has one major complication that I'm trying to work out and I keep bumping up against a brick wall. In truth this book has been basically done for a week but something just didn't feel right. There's a rhythm I listen for when I write. A certain flow of words, of emotion, of event that leads almost musically to the right ending. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't quite bring it all together. I had all of the components but, as it turned out, I couldn't push them into the right order.

I've got it now. (At least I think I do.) While I'm typing this to you, a part of my brain is running the video and audio of the ending and, like a dance, I think all the steps are in place.

Now all I have to do is get it down on paper!

Barbara

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Home | Letter From Barbara | Sneak Peek | What's Cooking | Love Letters
Blog | Scrapbook | Free Stuff | Contest
Bio | Book List | The Secret | Just For Fun | Free Reads
Newsletter | Writers Daily Quote | He Said She Said | Sitemap
Hosted by