Thursday, July 20, 2006

Pizza for Breakfast, Anyone?

I just spent the last hour battling Blogger. It refused to let me post to this blog. I brought up the create window with no trouble. I entered my title with no trouble. I poised the cursor in the nice white box and --

Nothing.

I tried again. Still nothing. I exited. I reentered. No dice. I tried secret entrances, back doors, broke a few windows. Nothing doing. Finally I went into the settings, changed nothing, saved them, and all was well.

It's me. I know it's me. I've also lost the normal window of information you see when you press Control Alt Delete on WinXP. No longer do I see the nice list of programs running. I now see a long list of who-knows-what and once I see it I can't make it go away.

Clearly my destructive electronic karma is on the march again.

What about that title, you ask? I was going to write about the fact that I managed to become a morning person but I think I'm going about it the wrong way. I'm catching morning on the dark side, just before I fall into unconsciousness on the sofa, slumped over my laptop after eating a grilled cheese sandwich with Worcestershire sauce and a pickle at five in the morning.

Oh yes. The Breakfast of Champions.

Barbara

2 Comments:

Anonymous Rev Dave said...

Barbara, I think you forgot an important step.

You put the computer down, stand up, and do the "Please Work for me Oh Great and Humble Computer" ritualistic dance. This usually works best when there is no one who can actually see you (except the computer, of course). This dance (since no one has actually seen it performed by another living being) is rumored to include wild gestures that might be seen as pantomiming the destruction of plastic and silicone into their original component parts, breaking down into neurotic fits of laughter and tears, and pleas to the ether-gods to be benevolent. (Basically, you can do whatever you want, but this sounds so much more fun, huh?)

Glad to see you back in touch. Is your hair still as relaxed as it was a few days ago?

July 20, 2006 at 10:20 PM  
Anonymous Barbara Bretton said...

David! I am so delighted to find you here. (And how on earth did you ever find me??) You gave me the best laugh I've had since this latest wave of electronic chaos rolled in.

Yes, my hair is nice and relaxed--would that the rest of me were!

So how's by you? You can click on my name in the post if you want to find a (we hope) workable email addy.

You made my day! Love from BB

July 23, 2006 at 10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Home | Letter From Barbara | Sneak Peek | What's Cooking | Love Letters
Blog | Scrapbook | Free Stuff | Contest
Bio | Book List | The Secret | Just For Fun | Free Reads
Newsletter | Writers Daily Quote | He Said She Said | Sitemap
Hosted by